Monday, May 23, 2005

Goal Of The Year

I probably scored my goal of the year on yesterday's Soccer.

Went to NUS again for soccer at the small court with the goal post. Though had scored only one goal that whole day, but it was enough to make up for it.

Pah Sian sent a log pump up from the defense to the opponent court. I was facing the sideline and with my back facing the keeper. Was at a position between the half court line and penalty box. Before the ball ever reach the ground for the first time, I jump for it and sent a sepak-takraw like shot with my left foot to send the ball over the keeper and right into the goal just before the bar. The advancing keeper was given no chances and the shot flew over his reach with power and precision. The shot was a instep volley shot from my right foot to the right side. That was probably my goal of the year. I couldn't love it more. Playing striker the last few weeks helps in bringing back my striker instinct which I lost after playing defence for a long time. That shot was pure instinct. My body just moved on its own. After I saw the ball went into the goal, I was like "Did I just do that?". My brain has totally no record of me deciding to perform that shot. Love it. Have an excellent day all because of that goal.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home