Monday, June 11, 2007

Where's Everybody Now

Finally out with a new poem. My 38th 'QC' poems and 62nd all time poems. This piece makes it to the blues category. By the way, my online vault of poems has been removed so you won't be able to access my site no more. Will find a new web space to put all the old poems up again. But it might take some time... maybe a long time. Here goes...


© Shaowei All Rights Reserved
Where's Everybody Now
written 11th June 2007






I don't need no sex but I called a geisha whore for a hundred and nine
Not inclusive of tax, just that it feels too lonely to sleep all alone at night
Yeah, turned and slip her some lines, about this man on her bed now and his lies
She just moan and smiled, "Baby, if your life's messed up then what about mine"

I'm on a break away, running for a thousand and ninty nine
One metre short to you and I fall before crossing that line
Like the "Dead Horse" and the old medic dimming their lights
The hearts I used to see so bright, now they're saying goodbye
They said goodbye... and yeah, they're gone

What have I done now
There's blood on the ground
The heart hurts so bad it feels like a kiss from the gun

Where's everybody now
No one's left in this rock n roll band, but the sad songs played on
This rock n roll band, all of our dreams just shattered, went wrong
Why am I running back to the same old place again, while every one moves on...
No one's left in this rock n roll band, just me and a photograph of us in front
Somebody tell me... Where's everybody now

We thought we could meet in some pubs, a little dance to cheer each other up
But why am I touching you again, our body did the talking our hearts shut up
Popping the pills again gets you high, up in the sky above your pain
But please, I don't want to sleep on someone else's bed again
Not again... Yeah, and I'm gone

Bought a ticket to our last song, not knowing the lyrics' making the truth wrong
The fairy tale ending of the night, that has been a dream inside for so long
It could have been love for the first time, could have been true my whole life
But I'm just another of your god's toy, his revenge in disguise
Yeah, what a lie...

What have I done now
I've finally sung
But nobody hears me at the top of my lungs

Where's everybody now
No one's left in this rock n roll band, yet the sad songs played on
This rock n roll band, this guitar, drums, where did everybody goes
Why am I running back to the same old place again while every one moves on...
No one's left in this rock n roll band, just me, some old scars and that tattoo
Somebody tell me...

No one's left... but I'm still playing on
No one's listening while I cry and sing on
I run and run yeah, but I run to the same place alone
No one's left in this rock n roll band, just me, some old memories and you
Somebody tell me... Where's everybody now


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home